Thursday, August 27, 2009

From a land without blogging....

Ok, so China would not allow me to publish my blogs, so this was saved from ‘the road.’

Apologies to my lack of updates of late, as you see I am currently in China, a land where  blogging is frowned upon, as is Facebook.  Thankfully, I have found a small window of opportunity into the land of WordPress, so I thought I would share with you some of my words to tide you all over until I return to the magnificence of Korea!!

So far, my travels have included 2 cases of the squirts, a stolen bicycle, a 5 hour bus trip hounded by squealing children playing ‘lets get a rise out of the foreigner,’ many incidences of locals wanting to ‘practise their English,’ being awoken in a hostel dorm at the crack of dawn by a gaggle of chattering old women, some of the worst airline food known to man, discovered possibly THE ugliest beaches in the world, and have been attacked by a million mosquitos.  The joys of travel.

On the upside, I spent my birthday wandering a 10 km stretch of the Great Wall, visited the extraordinary Terracotta Warriors, stood in Tianamen Square, enjoyed way too many beers with my fabulous friend Matt, met some delightful locals, and simply enjoyed being out and about in a strange land with not a care in the world.  Will post more in detail next week, but until then, greetings from the massive expanse of China.

[Via http://wrangsdoesasia.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment