Thursday, February 25, 2010

About the Title...

Forgive me if I’m being cliche – yes, the dragon here refers to something about China.  Specifically the cybersphere in China.  It’s powerful, mighty, and full of mischievous funs, yet its strength is seriously limited.  It’s barred, by one of the most notorious and paternalistic censorship in the world. Yet of course the dragon never gives up on fighting and finding its way out, and that comes the charm of China’s internet.  You never lose the tension and excitement watching this two forces combating each other and making their moves.  I would like to use the blog to record the fun happenings along the battles.

And why the dragon is in the wonderland?  Well, the wonderland to me refers to China.  Forgive me again that I could not settle for a better word to describe my feeling towards the country. China is a wonderland, because it’s a land full of energy, adventure, and miracles, and a land with strange figures, extravagant endeavors and bizarre rules.   And to quote a saying about China popular among expats who are living there: its a land where nothing is permissible, yet everything is possible.

The stories of the barred dragon are set against the backdrop of this wonderland.   I welcome you to join my explorations.

[Via http://rerdchina.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment