Saturday, January 23, 2010

Social Pests Part III: Revelations of an Ah Tiong ShopperSoci

I used to work in retail. Sadly, I got fired for asking for a more transparent salary system. That’s so Liberating Truth Style. Haha. This is one of the reason that made me start this blog.

Anyway, I would like to give you guys a breakdown of an Ah Tiong Shopper, in the fashion retail, through my observation.

1. She walks in, with full knowledge that she cannot afford or is unwilling to afford the kind of money to buy the merchandise. Some just come in to try for fun and make a nuisance. They don’t realize that they are making a fool of themselves.

2. She usually walks in with a guy or an older man. Only a few shops independently – I really respect such Chinese women who have the means to dress themselves up independently.

3. She asks you whether there is a discount, even when she knows that merchandises are NETT PRICE. No discount/ promotion is pasted anywhere. They expect you, the retail assistant, to give them a discount. – We ain’t the bosses.

4. She takes super long to consider buying and likes to yak about how she can afford it, even when she’s not buying. I’ve spent 2 days serving the same China shopper wanting to buy that particular item. It was absurd but they do it all the time. Some even throw tantrums. =,= gawd. it’s abusingly painful.

5. And when she really buys, you can consider yourself fking lucky. Half the time, it’s because she has sajiaoed enough to the man that the man buys it for her. That’s how cheap this tiong shoppers are and the stories you read on Lianhe Wanbao are true. But who cares, you still close that sale anyway.

Here’s a story about the B*TCH tiong I served…

There’s this old lady who brings different girls to the store I used to work at. Who knows what is the profession of such girls? And most of the time, they don’t buy anything. One of the girl this time was a knnbccb She walks in arrogantly and went through the racks aggressively. When she found a piece she wants, she ordered me like a servant. There’s no respect @ all. I mean I think that is just TIONG to do so.

She insisted me to let her try a few pieces, WITHOUT looking at the price. From one look, I knew that she is not buying. Fine, I mean that’s my job. I just let her try. =) So after trying, then she asks me for the price. I told her it is 800bucks… she just shove everything in my face. Any human being will be pissed. Summore it’s a tiong and I really hate tiongs (anyway, in my own definitation, a tiong is an uncouth and rude Chinese national who has a very low EQ and sense of moral values.) Look at how I write IT. :) No offense but sometimes, they treat their fellow human being like dogs. And what are we always taught? To treat people how we want to be treated. There you go. IT.

The next moment, it walked off with the old lady and her friend, without any gratitude or saying thank you.

FYI, this is not a hate post. It’s just experience about how crude can these Tiongs get and SGP is letting them flood into our country like some refugee camp.

[Via http://theliberatingtruth.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment